Monday, August 17, 2009

School shopping, registration, and a scary stalker cousin! :)

well...since i am sure you are all more interested in the last part of my title...i'll start there! Just as a little defense to my self...lately i had been getting a TON of calls from a number with some weird area code that started with 4...i never answered because i was at girls camp...then i would have my phone on vibrate...and i just never answered until i kind of figured that it was verizon trying to call me. so...now the calls had stopped....until last night...at 8 or 9 when i get another call from a weird number...with an area code that started with a 4....i didnt know if it was the same number...but i saw the 4 and assumed so. which confused me...because obviously verizon isnt open late on sunday nights....so i answer. and in response to a confused "hello?!" i get a rather legit sounding "Bueno!"........hmmm....now i am really confused....so i say hello again. and then they say...."Hows it going!"....sounding like they knew who i was.......so this freaks me out...and i quickly just hang up! now i am thinking i have some weirdo stalking me.... So i tell my mom and she just starts laughing and says "Oh it was probably just Dane!" and now everyone out there reading this that is related to me...understands. so fortunately dane decides its a good idea to call back on my moms phone this time...so that someone would actually answer. and of course...im sure he is thinking he is soo funny at this point....huh dane?! :) and how do i know this...well because britt and him decide it would be FUNNY to try it again....an hour later! but this time i am prepared...and he couldnt get me! ha! so...unsurprisingly...to prevent any future embarassment...i have a new contact in my phone! thanks dane for the entertainment!

Anyway...moving on!

I thought school shopping was a blast! my mom...not so much! but i did a good job and we got pretty much all of it done in ONE day....so my mom can be grateful that we didnt drag it on forever! We did good...and i was happy with what i got!...i should have pictures...but i dont....ill post some after the first day of school...which is in a week...scary!

Then came registration! i already had my schedule and it was PERFECT...so all i had to do was pay my fees...get my picture taken....and get a locker. my locker didnt end up being anywhere near any of my friends...but i had the spot picked out for a while....and it was on the way to all of my classes...where my friends lockers werent...but its ok....its not like you spend a ton of time at your locker anyway! then we went on to get pictures taken! im thinking this is going to be pretty painless....because my friends helped me pick out an outfit...ha ha...i was thinking all i had to do was sit there for a few seconds....smile while they photographer says weird things....and wait for my card to print. and that is pretty much what happened....but my mom was soo worried about getting a "natural smile" that she decided that it would be great if she stood behind the photographer and made weird faces and noises.......i felt like a four year old....and some of my friends where in the room when this was going on....but the picture turned out pretty good...and at least my mom liked what she got!
so this was a pictureless...to many words...boring post...but hey...its what you get!

HIGHSCHOOL IN A WEEK....scary...exciting....we'll see!

2 comments:

Hepworth Family said...

We love you! And are looking forward to Labor Day!
Love,
Your "Scary Stoker" Cousin :)

LeBaron Family said...

Dane is awesome and your mom is incredible!!